Google Ads has added two new features to the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool which gives advertisers a clearer view into who is seeing your ads, and it will also give you more actionable insight into how to get your ads to show. These updates should help save you time when trying to take action from using the previous tools.
What new features have launched for the Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool?
You can now see which ads are showing for which audience
Currently you can only use this tool to preview ads by search term and then you can filter for location, language and device. Now you can also filter by Search Audience such as your Remarketing List, Similar Audience, Customer Match, YouTube users and more.
There are two things to note here:
- If you are using ‘Targeting’ as your Audience targeting option, you can find which ads are showing for your specific audience.
- If you are using ‘Observation’ you can see how your ads might appear higher or lower on the page, based on bids for your specific audience.
You can now take immediate action in the tool to get your ads to show
As always, if there is an issue with your Ads the Ad Preview Tool will give you the answers why. However to take action from this has always been a bit tedious. You’ll have had to navigate back to your account to make the changes needed to rectify the issue. Not anymore!
Google now gives advertisers the ability to make the changes required directly in the tool itself.
What does this mean for you?
- It should save you time. It sounds like a small change, but not having to flick between multiple tabs and interfaces to take action from this insight will save you time in the long run.
- Google is making it easier for you to target the right people, at the right time, with the right message. Paid Search is all about the user’s context and therefore intent, Google is giving us to the tools to make sure there are no excuses to drive a more relevant experience for their users and your potential customers.
LinkedIn - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/siondanielroberts
Latest posts by Dan Roberts (see all)
- The Year in Search 2018 | What’s On The Horizon For 2019? - December 17, 2018
- Google Ads Target Impression Share Smart Bidding Strategy - November 24, 2018
- YouTube Ad Pod Testing | YouTube to test two ads before videos - November 23, 2018